Addition to 'Hold / Override Temperature' Setting

Nest Gen 3 - PROPOSAL with Detail by Edward M. Kopp January 18, 2019

I have a nest 3rd generation. I’m not interested in have it ‘learn our schedule’. It operates on a 7-day schedule that I have entered. The schedule changes the temperature (3-timed settings) during the day and lowers it at night (4thsetting) when we go to bed. Most days that works great. However I would like to override the set schedule once in a while.

Sometimes I would like to override the schedule that was set for the day. For example, say Monday is a holiday and we will not be leaving the house. I would like to manually set a temperature and have it hold that temperature till I return to the programmed 7-day schedule. I can set the temperature manually when I get up at 6am to say 68 degrees. The heat will come on and warm the house to 68 degrees. However, the programmed schedule will change that setting when the next scheduled time occurs - say 7am (which is set for 69 degrees and then down to 65 degrees at 9am).

What I want to do is to hold the temperature I select manually until I return it to be controlled by the 7-day schedule or until the number of hours that I selected has ended. At present I do not see a way to override the program and easily accomplish this.

What I propose is to add a toggle or push button (on/off) type switch to the main screen in the app.

Something similar to the image on the right:

The user would select the temperature that they would like maintained for a period of time that can be selected on another screen. The temperature that the user selects would have to be within the set minimum and set maximum Safety Temperatures.

Then the user would turn the “Hold / Override Temperature” on. Similarly, they could turn it off if desired before the amount of time they selected would end.

The amount of time that the temperature would be held would be an option and would be as set by the user on another screen. The default amount of time would be 4 hours.

Add a button “Override Schedule” that would take the user to a screen that will allow them to select a predetermined time limit.

Something similar to the image on the right:

The image on the left would be the screen where the user would select the amount of time that the temperature would be held at the users selected setting. The default amount of time would be 4 hours. Other selections could be 8-hours, 12-hours, and 24-hours.

Something similar to the image on the left:

The temperature selected by the user on the first screen would have to be within the minimum and maximum Safety Temperatures.

[END]