Multiplex Rest Request

Hello all. I am currently working on integrating a home security system with the Nest api.

I need to get Home or Away statuses for multiple users in one request and then arm/disarm our products depending on the status returned for a each user.

Is there a way to do this without rest streaming and just a single Rest request?

The idea would be to take batches of 300 users (or more but multiplex documentation states 300 is the max per group) and send the request to see what their home/away status is every minute or so. If their Nest structure is away then we would arm the cameras in that location and vice versa for home and disarming.

The only way to get access for multiple users is using a multiplex group. I get where you’re going for batched calls but I would still recommend keeping a multiplex group open to keep up to date info for your users. There is a Pub/Sub implementation in the works and you could actually possibly use that to do what you’re looking for. I can’t say exactly when more info on Pub/Sub will be available but its coming along.

Right now we are going to just set home and away from our end when the user clicks arm/disarm.

The always active and open connection isn’t ideal in our environment.

Do you have any idea on when this Pub/Sub implementation might be ready?

Right now we are going to just set home and away from our end when the user clicks arm/disarm.

This is the right way to go. It’s actually the only time an automatic transition of Home or Away is allowed since Arm/Disarm is pretty explicit. It would be best if you have an assemblance of Arm-Away or Arm-Home.

Do you have any idea on when this Pub/Sub implementation might be ready?
Unfortunately I don’t :frowning: I can say we are working towards it.

Our initial intention was to watch Nest and set our devices depending on home/away. But for the mean time we are going to do the setting our selves.