Nest Thermostat Motion Sensor

simulator

Hi,
IOT. Looking for a way to integrate motion from my Nest thermostat into zwave Vera lite controller. My Challenge is my wife wakes up in the morning and I want the hall way light to turn on, so she doesn’t wake me by turning on the bedroom light. The only current sensor I have in the master bedroom is the nest Thermostat,which wakes up and displays the temp, so without spending any more money on sensors I would like to benefit from the one that exists. I haven’t found any info in the API documentation explaining the calls/commands for motion detection. Final thought, I would like to create a scene in Vera that if it senses motion(from nest therm), switch on leviton zwave (in hallway and already controlled by the vera lite controller).

Thanks for any insight!

Regards,

Jeff R
I.T. Manager SSR

This is not currently possible, as the output from the motion sensor in the thermostat is not exposed in the API.

Hi Lionell,

I have started automating my house and I would like to access the motion sensor API. It would be great to expose the API so I can read and write into the sensor. This way I can:

1- Trigger my nest, when there is motion in any of my sensors (my nest is located next to the entrance, but I have 2 sensors in my room and hallway.

2- Turn on my hue lamp when my nest sensor detects any motion.

Thank you,
Shayan

Is there some hope that presence and ambient light will be exposed in the API? Also applies to Nest Protect. I am sure that existing integrations like Philips Hue would benefit as well (imagine turning on a “real” light, instead of the ring on the Protect).

If not, would it be possible to share the rationale behind such an intentional limitation?

Motion sensor events would be a huge benefit.

Please add to API or IFTTT or something.

Not having such capabilities just means people have to buy other solutions that aren’t Nest.