No data (but keep-alive) over REST Streaming

Hi, we are using the REST Streaming API to continuously receive updates on a set of thermostats. We can successfully establish the connection and typically receive data and keep-alive events. Sometimes (after several hours or days) a connection may get closed by the Nest server, but then we establish a new connection and normally this approach has worked fine.

However, we recently had an issue where we had established a successful connection over which we initially received data. After several days, however, we stopped receiving data but kept getting keep-alive events (as usual about every 30s). We know that we are missing data because when we change the temperature of the thermostats via the Nest homepage we are not receiving data updates over the REST Streaming API. Previously changes via Nest homepage were propagated over the REST Streaming API within a second. How is it possible that we keep getting keep-alive events but no data?

Hi, sorry for the late response. I have sent the question out to our engineers, but can you tell me how often this is happening? Like every other connection or just once in a while?

Hi, I have sent you more details about our client in a private message. So far we have seen this happen only once.