Temperature sensor API

No updates, nothing to share at this time.

Sounds like my interpretation was correct then. That’s rather unfortunate and more than a little disappointing.

out of curiosity, since I imagine, like many company they might not want to give access to anybody until it reaches a certain quality standard. But is there like an early access preview system or mechanism? I work most of the time with the azure platform and other MS products and there’s previews, earlier previews. it’d be great to expedite new software and onboard new ideas and such

I too am anxious for the API to access the remote sensors. Come on Google, support your new devices!

@Luva @jbumgardner Just wanted to let you guys know I sold my Nests and bought Ecobee thermostats and sensors. The lack of support for viewing historical data for each of my devices is what drove me away. I want to see trends over time of temperature readings from my thermostats and temp sensors relative to outside temperature, Ecobee already provides a tool for this whereas with the Nest ecosystem there isn’t even API support for the temp sensors for me to pull this data on my own.

Do you have more information about this small/basic feature for remote temperature sensor ?

On the hardward side, the sensor seems very robust and well built.

At the software level, it’s very very light:

• No graph
  • No warning / notification if temperature above / below one level.

Making this value available in the API will correct this.

2.2k views and not action from Nest for the moment … If you check announcements forums, no one topic have more view :smiley:

In addition I hope that the V2 will integrate a motion detector and humidity level.

Is it not possible to set a Safety Temperature for each sensor ??? :frowning:

What is going on with this. It should be a very basic feature to add?

Is there a possibility of reading humidity level of the area where the sensor is installed?

Any updates on this?

No update about this so simple request ?

Incredible that the API for these sensors has not yet been made public!

A very disappointing device and pretty much a waste of money as their +/- 2-degree sensitivity of the thermostat logic doesn’t regulate the temperature in the remote areas (those where the sensors are located) much better at all. Without access to the API, and thus the ability to create our own automation rules, these sensors are pretty much decorative items.

Mike

P.S. And when is Nest going to take advantage of that other Alphabet company’s capability (Google Maps) to be able to set up a smart geofence! Incredible that Nest is actively avoiding these features.

If you check aqara temperature sensor, it’s make more job for 8$: temp, humidity and pressure …

And you can have a gateway for HomeKit …

It appears as though the aqara sensor requires its own Xiami gateway; yes?

It’s like Nest remote, you need a Nest thermostat :wink:

Oh, it’s directly compatible? Nest recognizes the sensor and integrates it into the setup? Is there some documentation on this?

What I had looked at once I saw your post was that the aqara sensor required a hub. Is there a “no hub” setup" to get the wireless part set up? Once set up, can the sensors be read by other means, not just the Nest thermostat? In other words, I’d want to monitor the sensor and use it in my home automation setup as inputs to control other aspects of my home, including the Nest.

Mike

I am also looking for the API for the sensor. It’s so disappointing that they have released this nearly useless sensor and are not allowing anyone to make it useful!
If the Aqara sensor can work directly with Nest Thermostat, I may have to get one to replace it.

Anyone from Nest care to comment? Is this Planned/Unplanned at this point?

No news about Nest ?

Any news? My product is currently hung up on just this right now…