Thermostat not appearing in JSON output

I’ve created developer and owner accounts, and authorized my app. The app has thermostat read/write, away read and structure read/write permissions. I got an access token which seems to work.

When I make the API call to https://developer-api.nest.com/ I can see the structure name and postcode correctly and it knows I’m home (which is a good hint that it worked), but I don’t see any devices - I have a Nest E thermostat, but there’s no devices key at all in the returned JSON, just structures and metadata.

I have this identical issue, not sure what’s causing it. I’ve also set up the nest virtual home and virtual thermostats are visible via the Api, just not real ones. I am also using a Nest thermostat E.

I’ve made posts here: Unable to see Nest Thermostat E in API, in third party apps or listed in home simulator and here: Full support for Nest Thermostat E detailing my issues.

If you’re using the new Thermostat E with Heat Link in the EU, unfortunately that device is not supported in the WWN API. I’ve updated that announcement and will make sure the docs are updated.

When authorizing a connection to thermostat permissions, there should be a disclaimer about the lack of support if you’re in the EU.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. Is that a “is not supported (yet)” or a “is not supported (and won’t be)”? (The EU-specific exclusion makes me suspect there’s GDPR fun involved.)

It’s a “is not supported and won’t be”, unfortunately.